Research lectures, seminars and events
The events listed in this area are research seminars, workshops and lectures hosted by Durham University departments and research institutes. If you are not a member of the University, but wish to enquire about attending one of the events please contact the organiser or host department.
Energy: Contexts and Challenges - intenstive teaching week
A unique opportunity to access training directly from energy experts across
Durham University departments in an intensive week of teaching.
This four and a half day course brings together leading experts to assess today’s energy challenges in different contexts. From global geo-histories of energy and energy transiIons to human ecobiology and resource engineering, we look at energy from a range of different perspecIves. With presentaIons from leading experts at Durham University, this will effecIvely be a series of masterclasses in energy contexts and challenges.
• Energy and Society – understanding energy in the world
• Understanding past transiIons – histories and legacies of coal;
• an introducIon to energy technologies, including solar, wind power, geothermal,
‘unconvenIonal fuels’, hydropower;
• Understanding the grid – technical and commercial issue;
• InterconnecIons in global energy and climate change contexts.
Book your place for this exci/ng training: www.durham.ac.uk/dei/events/contexts
Contact email@example.com for more information about this event.