We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.

Durham University


Frequently Asked Questions

List of FAQs

+Will going on strike impact on my visa?

If you are employed under a Tier 2 or Tier 5 (GAE) visa (or a student on a Tier 4 visa who is working in the University), the University has a duty to inform UKVI if you have a period of unauthorised absence for 10 or more consecutive days. However participating in legally organised strike action would not be considered to be unauthorised absence for this purpose so there is no impact on your visa.

See also 'Should I inform the University if I am taking part in strike action?'