Degree Programme Handbook
Welcome to the Department of Mathematical Sciences! This student handbook summarizes key policies and resources relating to undergraduate programmes and modules offered by the department.
All students taking modules in Mathematics should be aware of the policies contained in this handbook and the university policies linked to from it.
- The Department: Key dates, key contacts, student representation
- Teaching and Learning
- Teaching and Learning policies: Teaching methods, student feedback, attendance & absence, concessions
- Programmes Offered: from Faculty Handbook
- Programmes in Mathematics
- Programmes in Natural Sciences - includes MSci named routes in Mathematics and Physics and in Chemistry and Mathematics, and BSc joint honours routes in Mathematics and in Statistics. See also the information on Mathematics in Natural Sciences
- Mathematics modules can also form part of Combined Arts/Social Sciences degree programmes.
- Modules Offered:
- Level 1 Core modules
- Level 1 auxiliary modules (modules which are optional, and/or aimed at non-Mathematics students)
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
- Progression regulations
- Assessment/Exams Policies: Modes of assessment, assessment criteria, progression, illness, prizes.
- Student Support: Academic advisors, study skills, resources, careers, students with special needs
- Core University Policies and Codes of Practice