Publication details for Professor Emeritus Paul MansfieldMansfield, Paul, Nolland, David & Ueno, Tatsuya (2003). Order 1/N3 corrections to the conformal anomaly of the (2,0) theory in six dimensions. Physics Letters B 566(1-2): 157-163.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0370-2693
- DOI: 10.1016/S0370-2693(03)00777-9
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Using Supergravity on AdS7×S4 we calculate the bulk one-loop contribution to the conformal anomaly of the (2,0) theory describing N coincident M5 branes. When this is added to the tree-level result, and an additional subleading order contribution calculated by Tseytlin, it gives an expression for the anomaly that interpolates correctly between the large N theory and the free (2,0) tensor theory corresponding to N=1. Thus we can argue that we have identified the exact N-dependence of the anomaly, which may have a simple protected form valid away from the large N limit.