Publication details for Professor Emeritus Paul MansfieldIlderton, Anton & Mansfield, Paul (2005). Time evolution in string field theory and T-duality. Physics Letters B 607(3-4): 294-301.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0370-2693
- DOI: 10.1016/j.physletb.2004.12.066
- Keywords: String field theory, Sewing, Time evolution, T-duality.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The time evolution operator (Schrödinger functional) of quantum field theory can be expressed in terms of first quantised
particles moving on S1/Z2. We give a graphical derivation of this that generalises to second quantised string theory. T-duality
then relates evolution through time t with evolution through 1/t and an interchange of string fields and backgrounds.