Publication details for Paul MansfieldCurry, Chris & Mansfield, Paul (2018). Intersection of world-lines on curved surfaces and path-ordering of the Wilson loop. Journal of High Energy Physics 2018(6): 81.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP06(2018)081
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We study contact interactions for long world-lines on a curved surface, focusing on the average number of times two world-lines intersect as a function of their end-points. The result can be used to extend the concept of path-ordering, as employed in the Wilson loop, from a closed curve into the interior of a surface spanning the curve. Taking this surface as a string world-sheet yields a generalisation of the string contact interaction previously used to represent the Abelian Wilson loop as a tensionless string. We also describe a supersymmetric generalisation.