Publication details for Ruth GregoryBurda, Philipp, Gregory, Ruth & Ross, Simon (2014). Lifshitz flows in IIB and dual field theories. Journal of High Energy Physics 2014(11): 73.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP11(2014)073
- Keywords: Gauge-gravity correspondence, AdS-CFT Correspondence.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We construct solutions describing flows between AdS and Lifshitz spacetimes in IIB supergravity. We find that flows from AdS5 can approach either AdS3 or Lifshitz3 in the IR depending on the values of the deformation from AdS5. Surprisingly, the choice between AdS and Lifshitz IR depends only on the value of the deformation, not on its character; the breaking of the Lorentz symmetry in the flows with Lifshitz IR is spontaneous. We find that the values of the deformation which lead to flows to Lifshitz make the UV field theory dual to the AdS5 geometry unstable, so that these flows do not offer an approach to defining the field theory dual to the Lifshitz spacetime.