Publication details for Ruth GregoryChadburn, Sarah & Gregory, Ruth (2014). Time dependent black holes and scalar hair. Classical and quantum gravity 31(19): 195006.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0031-9007, 1079-7114
- DOI: 10.1088/0264-9381/31/19/195006
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We show how to correctly account for scalar accretion onto black holes in scalar field models of dark energy by a consistent expansion in terms of a slow roll parameter. At leading order, we find an analytic solution for the scalar field within our Hubble volume, which is regular on both black hole and cosmological event horizons, and compute the back reaction of the scalar on the black hole, calculating the resulting expansion of the black hole. Our results are independent of the relative size of black hole and cosmological event horizons. We comment on the implications for more general black hole accretion, and the no hair theorems.