Publication details for Ruth GregoryBarclay, Luke, Gregory, Ruth, Parameswaran, Susha, Tasinato, Gianmassimo & Zavala, Ivonne (2012). Lifshitz black holes in IIA supergravity. Journal of High Energy Physics 2012(5): 122.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP05(2012)122
- Keywords: Gauge-gravity correspondence, Black Holes in String Theory, AdS-CFT Correspondence, Holography and condensed matter physics (AdS/CMT).
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We compute string theoretic black hole solutions having Lifshitz asymptotics with a general dynamical exponent z > 1. We start by constructing solutions in a flux compactification of six dimensional supergravity, then uplift them to massive type IIA supergravity. Alongside the Lifshitz black holes we study the simpler anti-de Sitter solutions, of which there are a 1-parameter family in this supergravity, and compare and contrast their properties. The black holes are characterized by a two-form and scalar charge, and we numerically explore their configuration space and thermodynamical aspects.