Publication details for Ruth GregoryGregory, Ruth, Moss, Ian G. & Oshita, Naritaka (2020). Black holes, oscillating instantons and the Hawking-Moss transition. Journal of High Energy Physics 2020(7): 024.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP07(2020)024
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Static oscillating bounces in Schwarzschild de Sitter spacetime are investigated. The oscillating bounce with many oscillations gives a super-thick bubble wall, for which the total vacuum energy increases while the mass of the black hole decreases due to the conservation of Arnowitt-Deser-Misner (ADM) mass. We show that the transition rate of such an “up-tunneling” consuming the seed black hole is higher than that of the Hawking- Moss transition. The correspondence of analyses in the static and global coordinates in the Euclidean de Sitter space is also investigated