Publication details for Ruth GregoryAhmed, Wasif, Chen, Hong Zhe, Gesteau, Elliott, Gregory, Ruth & Scoins, Andrew (2019). Conical holographic heat engines. Classical and Quantum Gravity 36(21): 214001.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0264-9381 (print), 1361-6382 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1088/1361-6382/ab470b
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We demonstrate that adding a conical deficit to a black hole holographic heat engine increases its efficiency; in contrast, allowing a black hole to accelerate decreases efficiency if the same average conical deficit is maintained. Adding other charges to the black hole does not change this qualitative effect. We also present a simple formula to calculate the efficiency of elliptical cycles for any black hole, which allows a more efficient numerical algorithm for computation.