Publication details for Ruth GregoryCharmousis, Christos, Crisostomi, Marco, Gregory, Ruth & Stergioulas, Nikolaos (2019). Rotating black holes in higher order gravity. Physical Review D 100(8): 084020.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2470-0010 (print), 2470-0029 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.100.084020
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We develop a new technique for finding black hole solutions in modified gravity that have “stealth” hair, i.e., hair of which the only gravitational effect is to tune the cosmological constant. We consider scalar-tensor theories in which gravitational waves propagate at the speed of light and show that, subject to a parametric constraint we specify, Einstein metrics can be painted with stealth hair, provided there exists a family of geodesics always normal to spacelike surfaces. We also present a novel scalar-dressed rotating black hole that has finite scalar field at both the black hole and cosmological event horizons.