Publication details for Ruth GregoryGregory, Ruth (2017). Accelerating Black Holes. Journal of Physics: Conference Series 942: 012002.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1742-6588 (print), 1742-6596 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1088/1742-6596/942/1/012002
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
In this presentation, I review recent work [1, 2] with Mike Appels and David Kubizňák on thermodynamics of accelerating black holes. I start by reviewing the geometry of accelerating black holes, focussing on the conical deficit responsible for the 'force' causing the black hole to accelerate. Then I discuss black hole thermodynamics with conical deficits, showing how to include the tension of the deficit as a thermodynamic variable, and introducing a canonically conjugate thermodynamic length. Finally, I describe the thermodynamics of the slowly accelerating black hole in anti-de Sitter spacetime.