Publication details for Patrick DoreyDorey, Patrick, Halavanau, Aliaksei, Mercer, James, Romanczukiewicz, Tomasz & Shnir, Yasha (2017). Boundary scattering in the ϕ4 model. Journal of High Energy Physics 2017(5): 107.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP05(2017)107
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We study boundary scattering in the ϕ4 model on a half-line with a oneparameter family of Neumann-type boundary conditions. A rich variety of phenomena is observed, which extends previously-studied behaviour on the full line to include regimes of near-elastic scattering, the restoration of a missing scattering window, and the creation of a kink or oscillon through the collision-induced decay of a metastable boundary state. We also study the decay of the vibrational boundary mode, and explore different scenarios for its relaxation and for the creation of kinks.