Publication details for Jochen EinbeckTaylor, James & Einbeck, Jochen (2011), Multivariate regression smoothing through the 'fallling net', in Conesa, David, Forte, Anabel, Lopez-Quilez, Antonio & Munoz, Facundo eds, 26th international workshop on statistical modelling. Valencia, Statistical Modelling Society, Valencia, 597-602.
- Publication type: Conference Paper
- ISSN/ISBN: 978-84-694-5129-8
- Keywords: Conditional density; modal regression, smoothing
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We consider multivariate regression smoothing through a conditional mean shift procedure. By computing local conditional means iteratively over a set or grid of target points, at each iteration a `net' is formed which gently drifts towards the data cloud, until it settles at the conditional modes of the response distribution.
The method is edge-preserving and allows for multi-valued response.