Publication details for Matthias Troffaesde Cooman, Gert, Troffaes, Matthias & Miranda, Enrique (2008). A unifying approach to integration for bounded positive charges. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 340(2): 982-999.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0022-247X, 1096-0813
- DOI: 10.1016/j.jmaa.2007.09.026
- Keywords: n-Monotonicity, Coherent lower prevision, Exact functional, Natural extension, Choquet integral, Comonotone additivity, Lower integral
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This paper deals with n-monotone functionals, which constitute a generalisation of n-monotone set functions. Using the notion of exactness of a functional, we introduce a new notion of lower and upper integral which subsumes as particular cases most of the approaches to integration in the literature. As a consequence, we can characterise which types of integrals can be used to calculate the natural extension (the lower envelope of all linear extensions) of a positive bounded charge.