Publication details for Professor Steven AbelAbel, Steven, Dudas, Emilian, Lewis, Daniel & Partouche, Herve (2019). Stability and Vacuum Energy in Open String Models with Broken Supersymmetry. Journal of High Energy Physics 2019(10): 226.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP10(2019)226
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We construct type I string models with supersymmetry broken by compactifi- cation that are non-tachyonic and have exponentially small effective potential at one-loop. All open string moduli can be stabilized, while the closed string moduli remain massless at one-loop. The backgrounds of interest have rigid Wilson lines by the use of stacked branes, and some models should have heterotic duals. We also present non-tachyonic backgrounds with positive potentials of runaway type at one-loop. This class of models could be used to test various swampland conjectures.