Publication details for Professor Steven AbelAbel, Steven & Sannino, Francesco (2017). Radiative symmetry breaking from interacting UV fixed points. Physical Review D 96(5): 056028.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 2470-0010 (print), 2470-0029 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.96.056028
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
It is shown that the addition of positive mass-squared terms to asymptotically safe gauge-Yukawa theories with perturbative UV fixed points leads to calculable radiative symmetry breaking in the IR. This phenomenon, and the multiplicative running of the operators that lies behind it, is akin to the radiative symmetry breaking that occurs in the supersymmetric standard model.