Publication details for Anne TaorminaTaormina, A. (2009). Liouville Theory and Elliptic Genera. Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement 177(Supplement 1): 203-217.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0375-9687 (print)
- DOI: 10.1143/PTPS.177.203
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The structure and modular properties of N = 4 superconformal characters are reviewed and exploited, in an attempt to construct elliptic genera-like functions by decompactifying K3. The construction is tested against expressions obtained in the context of strings propagating in background ALE spaces of type AN-1, using the underlying superconformal theory N = 2 minimal ⊗ N = 2 Liouville.