Publication details for Anne TaorminaEnglert, F., Peeters, K. & Taormina, A. (2008). Twenty-four near-instabilities of Caspar-Klug viruses. Physical Review E 78(3): 031908
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1539-3755, 1550-2376
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevE.78.031908
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Group theoretical arguments combined with normal mode analysis techniques are applied to a coarse-grained approximation of icosahedral viral capsids which incorporates areas of variable flexibility. This highlights a remarkable structure of the low-frequency spectrum in this approximation, namely, the existence of a plateau of 24 near zero modes with universal group theory content.