Publication details for Anne TaorminaGrayson, N.E., Taormina, A. & Twarock, R. (2009). DNA duplex cage structures with icosahedral symmetry. Theoretical Computer Science 410(15): 1440-1447.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0304-3975
- DOI: 10.1016/j.tcs.2008.12.005
- Keywords: Bionanotechnology, synthetic DNA cage, icosahedral symmetry
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
A construction method for duplex cage structures with icosahedral symmetry made out of single-stranded DNA molecules is presented and applied to an icosidodecahedral cage. It is shown via a mixture of analytic and computer techniques that there exist realisations of this graph in terms of two circular DNA molecules. These blueprints for the organisation of a cage structure with a noncrystallographic symmetry may assist in the design of containers made from DNA for applications in nanotechnology.