Publication details for Balt van ReesBeem, Christopher, Lemos, Madalena, Liendo, Pedro, Peelaers, Wolfger, Rastelli, Leonardo & van Rees, Balt C. (2015). Infinite Chiral Symmetry in Four Dimensions. Communications in Mathematical Physics 336(3): 1359-1433.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0010-3616, 1432-0916
- DOI: 10.1007/s00220-014-2272-x
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We describe a new correspondence between four-dimensional conformal field theories with extended supersymmetry and two-dimensional chiral algebras. The meromorphic correlators of the chiral algebra compute correlators in a protected sector of the four-dimensional theory. Infinite chiral symmetry has far-reaching consequences for the spectral data, correlation functions, and central charges of any four-dimensional theory with N=2N=2 superconformal symmetry.