Publication details for Tahani Coolen-MaturiCoolen, F.P.A. , Coolen-Maturi, T. & Al-nefaiee, A.H. (2014). Nonparametric predictive inference for system reliability using the survival signature. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part O: Journal of Risk and Reliability 228(5): 437-448.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1748-006X, 1748-0078
- DOI: 10.1177/1748006X14526390
- Keywords: Coherent systems, Exchangeable components, Lower and upper survival functions, Nonparametric predictive inference, Signature, Survival signature, System reliability.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
The survival signature has recently been presented as an attractive concept to aid quantification of system reliability. It has similar characteristics as the system signature, which is well established, but contrary to the latter it is easily applicable to systems with multiple types of components. We present an introductory overview of the survival signature together with new results to aid computation. We develop nonparametric predictive inference for system reliability using the survival signature. The focus is on the failure time of a system, given failure times of tested components of the same types as used in the system.