Publication detailsStraughan, B. (2018). Bidispersive double diffusive convection. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 126: 504-508.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0017-9310 (print)
- DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2018.05.056
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
A model is developed for double diffusive convection in a bidisperse porous medium. Double diffusive convection is convective movement of fluid due to temperature and salt gradient effects. A bidisperse porous medium is one where there are pores known as macropores, but the solid skeleton contains cracks or fissures which give rise to a porosity in the skeleton, known as microporosity. We concentrate on the case of a single temperature field and attention is focussed on the situation where the layer is heated from below and simultaneously salted from below.