Publication detailsBlake, M. & Donos, A. (2017). Diffusion and chaos from near AdS2 horizons. Journal of High Energy Physics 2017(2): 13.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (online)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP02(2017)013
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We calculate the thermal diffusivity D = κ/cρ and butterfly velocity vB in holographic models that flow to AdS2 × Rd fixed points in the infra-red. We show that both these quantities are governed by the same irrelevant deformation of AdS2 and hence establish a simple relationship between them. When this deformation corresponds to a universal dilaton mode of dimension Δ = 2 then this relationship is always given by D = vB2/(2πT).