Publication details for Kasper PeetersPeeters, Kasper & Zamaklar, Marija (2007). The String/gauge theory correspondence in QCD. The European Physical Journal Special Topics 152(1): 113-138.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1951-6355, 1951-6401
- DOI: 10.1140/epjst/e2007-00379-0
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
Ideas about a duality between gauge fields and strings have been around for many decades. During the last ten years, these ideas have taken a much more concrete mathematical form. String descriptions of the strongly coupled dynamics of semi-realistic gauge theories, exhibiting confinement and chiral symmetry breaking, are now available. These provide remarkably simple ways to compute properties of the strongly coupled quark-gluon fluid phase, and also shed new light on various phenomenological models of hadron fragmentation. We present a review and highlight some exciting recent developments.