Publication details for Kasper PeetersPeeters, Kasper, Powell, Jonathan & Zamaklar, Marija (2009). Exploring colourful holographic superconductors. Journal of High Energy Physics 2009(09): 101.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1126-6708, 1029-8479
- DOI: 10.1088/1126-6708/2009/09/101
- Keywords: AdS-CFT and dS-CFT Correspondence, Gauge-gravity correspondence.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We explore a class of holographic superconductors built using non-abelian condensates on probe branes in conformal and non-conformal backgrounds. These are shown to exhibit behaviour of the specific heat which resembles that of heavy fermion compounds in the superconducting phase. Instead of showing BCS-like exponential behaviour, the specific heat is polynomial in the temperature. It exhibits a jump at the critical temperature, in agreement with real-world superconductors. We also analyse the behaviour of the energy gap and the AC and DC conductivities, and find that the systems can be either semi-conducting or metallic just above the critical temperature.