Publication details for Kasper PeetersChunlen, Suphakorn, Peeters, Kasper & Zamaklar, Marija (2010). Finite-size effects for jet quenching. Journal of high energy physics
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1126-6708, 1029-8479
- Keywords: Finite size: effect, Jet: quenching, Quark gluon: plasma, Drag force: correction, Holography.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We study corrections to the drag force exerted on a quark moving through a quark-gluon plasma of finite extent, using holographic methods. Interestingly we find that the leading correction is negative, i.e. it reduces the magnitude of the drag force as compared to its value in infinite volume.