Publication details for Professor Emeritus Wojtek ZakrzewskiBaron, H.E., Zakrzewski, W.J. & Luchini, G. (2014). Collective coordinate approximation to the scattering of solitons in the (1+1) dimensional NLS model. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical 47(26): 265201.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1751-8113 (print), 1751-8121 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1088/1751-8113/47/26/265201
- Keywords: Soliton, NLS, Collective coordinates.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We present a collective coordinate approximation to model the dynamics of two interacting nonlinear Schrödinger solitons. We discuss the accuracy of this approximation by comparing our results with those of the full numerical simulations and find that the approximation is remarkably accurate when the solitons are some distance apart, and quite reasonable also during their interaction.