Publication details for Professor Emeritus Wojtek ZakrzewskiBolognesi, S. & Zakrzewski, W. (2014). Clustering and decomposition for non-BPS solutions of the CPN−1 models. Physical Review D 89(6): 065013.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1550-7998 (print), 1550-2368 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.89.065013
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We look at solutions [both Bogomol’nyi-Prasad-Sommerfield (BPS) and non-BPS] of the CPN−1 model on R×S1 (with twisted boundary conditions), in particular by using a conformal mapping technique, and we show how to interpret these solutions by decomposing them into expressions describing constituent solitons. We point out the problems that may arise (for non-BPS solutions) when one naively looks at the clustering properties of these solutions. This could lead to misunderstandings when studying extrapolations between small and large compactification radii.