Publication details for Professor Emeritus Wojtek ZakrzewskiHartmann, B. & Zakrzewski, W.J. (2003). Electrons on Hexagonal Lattices and Applications to Nanotubes. Physical Review B 68(18): 184302.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1098-0121, 1550-235X
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevB.68.184302
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We consider a Fröhlich-type Hamiltonian on a hexagonal lattice. Aiming to describe nanotubes, we choose this two-dimensional lattice to be periodic and to have a large extension in one (x) direction and a small extension in the other (y) direction. We study the existence of solitons in this model using both analytical and numerical methods. We find exact solutions of our equations and discuss some of their properties.