Publication details for Professor Emeritus Wojtek ZakrzewskiKlimas, P., Streibel, J. S., Wereszczynski, A. & Zakrzewski, W. J. (2018). Oscillons in a perturbed signum-Gordon model. Journal of High Energy Physics 2018(04): 102.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1029-8479 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1007/JHEP04(2018)102
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We study various properties of a perturbed signum-Gordon model, which has been obtained through the dimensional reduction of the called ‘first BPS submodel of the Skyrme model’. This study is motivated by the observation that the first BPS submodel of the Skyrme model may be partially responsible for the good qualities of the rational map ansatz approximation to the solutions of the Skyrme model. We investigate the existence, stability and various properties of oscillons and other time-dependent states in this perturbed signum-Gordon model.