Publication details for Bernard PietteNelmes,S. & Piette,B.M.A.G. (2011). Skyrmion stars and the multilayered rational map ansatz. Physical Review D: Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology 84(8): 085017.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1550-7998 (print), 1550-2368 (electronic)
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.84.085017
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We investigate the large baryon number sector of the Einstein-Skyrme model as a possible model for baryon stars and construct low energy configurations that resemble neutron stars. Previous studies have shown that gravitating Skyrmions produced by using rational maps can achieve spherically symmetric, multibaryon-bound states at large baryon numbers, but these configurations were hollow shells. In this paper, we improve on the previous work by constructing configurations corresponding to solid spheres with a radius-dependent baryon density.