Publication details for Bernard PietteKopeliovich, B.V. Piette, B. & Zakrzewski, W.J. (2006). Mass terms in the Skyrme Model. Physical Review D 73(1): 014006.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1550-7998, 1550-2368
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.73.014006
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We consider various forms of the mass term that can be used in the Skyrme model and their implications on the properties of baryonic states. It is shown that modifications of the mass term, without changing the asymptotic behavior of the profile function at large r, can considerably alter the mass term contribution to the classical mass of the soliton. We find that, for some choices of this mass term, multibaryon configurations can be classically bound at large baryon numbers. It is pointed out that some restrictions on the possible form of the mass term can follow from studies of multimeson interactions.