Publication details for Dirk SchuetzSchuetz, Dirk (2013). Homology of moduli spaces of linkages in high-dimensional Euclidean space. Algebraic & Geometric Topology 13(2): 1183–1224.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1472-2747,1472-2739
- DOI: 10.2140/agt.2013.13.1183
- Keywords: Moduli spaces, linkages, homology
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We study the topology of moduli spaces of closed linkages in ℝd depending on a length vector ℓ ∈ ℝn. In particular, we use equivariant Morse theory to obtain information on the homology groups of these spaces, which works best for odd d. In the case d = 5 we calculate the Poincaré polynomial in terms of combinatorial information encoded in the length vector.