Whether you graduated from Durham Mathematical Sciences last year or many decades ago, whether you were an undergraduate, a postgraduate or both, we would love to hear from you.
We are developing initiatives to involve you in the life of our Department, as we are convinced you can add an extremely valuable dimension to what we are trying to achieve through education and research: you can help us touch base with the `real world'.
This is a new venture, and your input is important. So far, we are planning to
- bring you exciting news from the Department, staff and students.
- invite you to Durham to talk to our current undergraduates and postgraduates about your career path, highlighting what a Math degree can lead to.
- involve you in events celebrating the academic achievements of our `rising stars' students.
- engage through you with potential industrial partners, who will help us organise targeted careers fairs and might collaborate with us in research and education, as we are creating a new BSc Mathematics with Industry.
We also want to hear from you. Share with us your memories of Durham, give us ideas to make these pages informative and fun. Help our Department, which is also yours, to reach out and radiate much beyond the green hills of County Durham.
Please do get in touch!
Why not join our Facebook group?
Why not join our LinkedIn group?
- Kostas Gourgouliatos' simulations explain magnetic hotspots
- The Department of Mathematical Sciences mourns the loss of a well loved colleague, Mike Pennington
- New Mathematical Sciences and Computer Science building
- Success for Pawel Rudnicki, second year MMATH student
- David Cushing's research chosen for the CrowdMath Project
Get in touch today
If you’d like to get involved or opportunities to explore, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org!