Miss Feifei Liu
Feifei Liu, is a PhD candidate in the School of Law, Durham University. Prior to this she gained her LLB Degree from Shenyang Normal University of China, and her BGS Degree from Fort Hays State University, United States. In 2010, she obtained her LLM Degree in International Commercial and Trade Law from Durham University. She also passed the National Judicial Examination (NJE) in China, and got her Legal Professional Qualification Certificate in 2009.
Feifei is a Part-Time Tutor at Durham University on the Applied Research Methods Module and the Intellectual Property Law Module.
Under the supervision of Dr Mike Adcock and Professor Roman Tomasic, her research interests lie within the field of legislation and policies of biofuels in China. The research will identify the principal difficulties the Chinese government and enterprises encounter in the development of biofuel production. By comparing and evaluating current Chinese legislation and policies governing biofuels with the regulations in selected developed economies, especially the EU and U.S., it is expected the results would identify gaps and weaknesses of current Chinese legislation for biofuels. The research will then suggest a mature and coherent regulatory, legal and policy framework which will facilitate the successful exploitation of biofuels in China. This would not only provide stable and powerful support for biofuel development in China in the long term, but also contribute to the prosperity of the emerging industry in other developing countries.
- Feifei, Liu (2012), Instruments under the US Biofuel Legislation and Policy Framework, Biofuels, Science and Society Conference. Durham, United Kingdom.
- Feifei, Liu (2012), Biofuels and Food Security: Controversies, Durham CELLS Postgraduate Research Conference. Durham, United Kingdom.
- Institute of Commercial and Corporate Law (ICCL)
- Centre for Ethics and Law in the Life Sciences (Durham CELLS)
- International and Comparative Law
- Energy Law
- Environmental Law
- International Trade Law
- Intellectual Property Law and Technology Transfer
- Relationship between science, law and bioethics
- Applied Research Methods in Law (LLM Module)
- Intellectual Property Law (LLM Module)