Geography at Durham focuses on understanding some of the world's most urgent environmental and social problems. Our programmes, and their delivery, are underpinned by a unique set of intellectual and social values. You’ll be taught by world-leading researchers, through diverse learning and teaching methods, and through fieldwork in exciting local and international locations. Our degrees cover a wide variety of topics, allowing you to develop your own specialist interests as you progress.
Our three and four-year programmes will stimulate and challenge you, while providing first class support for your academic and personal growth and development. Our graduates are equipped with a range of skills with real world relevance. This ensures they are highly sought after by a wide range of employers, and we have top employability scores.
Department of Geography
A short film highlighting what it is like to study Geography at undergraduate level at Durham University
Contact Mrs S. Gibson, Admissions Secretary. Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 1883.
2016 Graduates Photograph
Click on the image above to download a 300dpi .jpg file of the photograph.
(use either right-click on a PC or ctrl-click on a Mac to 'save image as...')
A safe place to live, work and study
- Job Opportunity: PDRA In Ice Sheet And Gia Modelling, working alongside @MikeBDurham closing date 4th December 2016 https://t.co/0HxXSVA4uc
Tweeted 12 hours ago
- Durham Mine Water can Heat Colleges | Palatinate Online https://t.co/gd7itgTiPQ
Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @adamramadan: Had a fascinating afternoon examining and discussing @Gaja_Maestri 's excellent PhD on Italy's Roma camps @GeogDurham .. I…
Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @UstinovPrincipl: @GeogDurham @GeographicalMag @CanGeographers @ukgeog Symposia call Intl Congress Biometeorology https://t.co/nCXG5Ayawr
Tweeted 5 days ago
- RT @SCIMAP: Thanks to everyone who presented and attended the 2016 SCIMAP User Group Meeting. Good to see so many uses of the a…
Tweeted 6 days ago