Geography at Durham focuses on understanding some of the world's most urgent environmental and social problems. Our programmes, and their delivery, are underpinned by a unique set of intellectual and social values. You’ll be taught by world-leading researchers, through diverse learning and teaching methods, and through fieldwork in exciting local and international locations. Our degrees cover a wide variety of topics, allowing you to develop your own specialist interests as you progress.
Our three and four-year programmes will stimulate and challenge you, while providing first class support for your academic and personal growth and development. Our graduates are equipped with a range of skills with real world relevance. This ensures they are highly sought after by a wide range of employers, and we have top employability scores.
Department of Geography
A short film highlighting what it is like to study Geography at undergraduate level at Durham University
Contact Mrs S. Gibson, Admissions Secretary. Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 1883.
A safe place to live, work and study
- RT @JohnhoganMorris: Completing an excellent week on the geography #supported progression summer school. Some very promising students! @Geo…
Tweeted 18 hours ago
- Job opportunity - Teaching Fellow in GIS and Physical Geography 0.5 FTE, job specifics can be found here - https://t.co/GJEnPRTtbI
Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @UstinovPrincipl: @DrShepherd2013 @richardabetts @GeogDurham NOAA meeting on heatwaves to start tmrw in Chicago. I will speak about WMO/…
Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @SarahAtkinsonDU: @GEOGDurham @mediclhumanities Community Wellbeing: Creating Pro-Social Places http://t.co/cyeHWzTCxQ via @WhatWorksWB
Tweeted 5 days ago
- RT @mufty_h: Closing remarks by @ideatingenergy & @brenderdan @DurhamISS @DEI_Durham @durham_uni @GeogDurham http://t.co/EEbr77RVTq
Tweeted 1 week ago