Geography at Durham focuses on understanding some of the world's most urgent environmental and social problems. Our programmes, and their delivery, are underpinned by a unique set of intellectual and social values. You’ll be taught by world-leading researchers, through diverse learning and teaching methods, and through fieldwork in exciting local and international locations. Our degrees cover a wide variety of topics, allowing you to develop your own specialist interests as you progress.
Our three and four-year programmes will stimulate and challenge you, while providing first class support for your academic and personal growth and development. Our graduates are equipped with a range of skills with real world relevance. This ensures they are highly sought after by a wide range of employers, and we have top employability scores.
Department of Geography
A short film highlighting what it is like to study Geography at undergraduate level at Durham University
Contact Mrs S. Gibson, Admissions Secretary. Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 1883.
A safe place to live, work and study
- RT @StephMulrine: Really enjoyed Tina Beatty seminar for @CHIR_Durham @WolfsonResearch at @GeogDurham today on the uneven impact of the wel…
Tweeted 13 hours ago
- RT @DurhamAdmission: Find what @durham_uni (@GeogDurham & @durham_history) look for in a #PersonalStatement! https://t.co/YZhP04EG0e https:…
Tweeted 14 hours ago
- RT @ProfBambra: Looking forward to hearing Tina Beatty from @sheffhallamuni talk @GeogDurham about welfare cuts @CHIR_Durham @WolfsonResear…
Tweeted 23 hours ago
- RT @NoamLeshem: An end to a superb @GeogDurham #PSS2016 grad conference. @debbielisle on entanglement of tourism, terror & migrants https:/…
Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @AmooreLouise: @PeterJForman1 @mason_olivia_r @ness_schofield Well done on a fantastic event #MovingTogether @GeogDurham Only sorry I mi…
Tweeted 1 day ago