Geography at Durham focuses on understanding some of the world's most urgent environmental and social problems. Our programmes, and their delivery, are underpinned by a unique set of intellectual and social values. You’ll be taught by world-leading researchers, through diverse learning and teaching methods, and through fieldwork in exciting local and international locations. Our degrees cover a wide variety of topics, allowing you to develop your own specialist interests as you progress.
Our three and four-year programmes will stimulate and challenge you, while providing first class support for your academic and personal growth and development. Our graduates are equipped with a range of skills with real world relevance. This ensures they are highly sought after by a wide range of employers, and we have top employability scores.
Department of Geography
A short film highlighting what it is like to study Geography at undergraduate level at Durham University
Contact Mrs S. Gibson, Admissions Secretary. Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 1883.
A safe place to live, work and study
- RT @HeatherMarGeo: Good morning Durham! Looking forward to catching up with folks @GeogDurham @DaveRoberts2013 @EleGrimoldi https://t.co/IW…
Tweeted 8 minutes ago
- RT @simreaney: Teaching #python for hydrological analysis with @GeogDurham MSci students today. https://t.co/V5kc1m7M2x
Tweeted 16 hours ago
- RT @DrTashaBarlow: The Eemian walk...
@GeogDurham @UniUtrecht https://t.co/HEqKJ6HQ3I
Tweeted 18 hours ago
- Postgraduate Recruitment Event this evening. Palatine Centre, PCL054. https://t.co/Uo2q00VuRZ https://t.co/KfZuoPdXkb
Tweeted 19 hours ago
- Welcome to our newly arrived @LeverhulmeTrust Artists in Residence. Folk band @RibbonRoadMusic https://t.co/NTV8xzst7A
Tweeted 20 hours ago