Geography at Durham focuses on understanding some of the world's most urgent environmental and social problems. Our programmes, and their delivery, are underpinned by a unique set of intellectual and social values. You’ll be taught by world-leading researchers, through diverse learning and teaching methods, and through fieldwork in exciting local and international locations. Our degrees cover a wide variety of topics, allowing you to develop your own specialist interests as you progress.
Our three and four-year programmes will stimulate and challenge you, while providing first class support for your academic and personal growth and development. Our graduates are equipped with a range of skills with real world relevance. This ensures they are highly sought after by a wide range of employers, and we have top employability scores.
Department of Geography
A short film highlighting what it is like to study Geography at undergraduate level at Durham University
Contact Mrs S. Gibson, Admissions Secretary. Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 1883.
2016 Graduates Photograph
Click on the image above to download a 300dpi .jpg file of the photograph.
(use either right-click on a PC or ctrl-click on a Mac to 'save image as...')
A safe place to live, work and study
- Dr Robert Hilton @geoCcycle named as a finalist in the Chemistry category of the 2018 Blavatnik Awards… https://t.co/zlSA7eNpfd
Tweeted 2 hours ago
- RT @ayushmanbhagat: 20th Earthquake Safety Day, Nepal @GeogDurham @_IHRR https://t.co/6vEds5ik9A
Tweeted 6 hours ago
- RT @philbey2: Chris Stokes and I announce DurhamARCTIC PhD opportunity in Measurement, Knowledge, and Regulation in the Marginal Sea-Ice Zo…
Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @durham_uni: Thinking about coming to Durham University for your postgraduate degree? Come to our Open Day on the 7th February to discov…
Tweeted 1 day ago
- RT @DrLABest: Some @GeogDurham students doing fantastic things with these type of grants! #research #fieldwork #geography https://t.co/tdGZ…
Tweeted 4 days ago