Geography at Durham focuses on understanding some of the world's most urgent environmental and social problems. Our programmes, and their delivery, are underpinned by a unique set of intellectual and social values. You’ll be taught by world-leading researchers, through diverse learning and teaching methods, and through fieldwork in exciting local and international locations. Our degrees cover a wide variety of topics, allowing you to develop your own specialist interests as you progress.
Our three and four-year programmes will stimulate and challenge you, while providing first class support for your academic and personal growth and development. Our graduates are equipped with a range of skills with real world relevance. This ensures they are highly sought after by a wide range of employers, and we have top employability scores.
Department of Geography
A short film highlighting what it is like to study Geography at undergraduate level at Durham University
Contact Mrs S. Gibson, Admissions Secretary. Telephone: +44 (0)191 334 1883.
2016 Graduates Photograph
Click on the image above to download a 300dpi .jpg file of the photograph.
(use either right-click on a PC or ctrl-click on a Mac to 'save image as...')
A safe place to live, work and study
- RT @AliceCree: I've submitted my doctoral thesis! Find me in the pub: @GeogDurham https://t.co/CVMrE43OlZ
Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @BenAndersonGeog: Thanks to @K_Brickell for generously sharing with @GeogDurham her important work on domestic violence and forced ev…
Tweeted 3 days ago
- Professor @harrietbulkeley included in @clarivate 2017 Highly Cited List of top 1% of research papers in the social… https://t.co/yTCNIjpKDX
Tweeted 3 days ago
- RT @mason_olivia_r: Wonderful to be able to read and discuss a book chapter from and with @K_Brickell @GeogDurham today. Great discussi…
Tweeted 4 days ago
- RT @durham_uni: Professor Louise Amoore @GeogDurham will be giving evidence on the 'ethics of algorithms' to Parliament's Science a…
Tweeted 5 days ago