Departmental Research Projects
Dr Rebecca Hodge - all publications
Chapter in book
- Hodge, Rebecca, Voepel, Hal, Leyland, Julian Sear, David & Ahmed, Sharif X-ray computed tomography reveals that grain protrusion controls critical shear stress for entrainment in fluvial gravels. Geology. 2020;48:149-153.
- Voepel, H., Leyland, J., Hodge, R.A., Ahmed, S. & Sear, D. Development of a vector-based 3D grain entrainment model with application to X-ray computed tomography (XCT) scanned riverbed sediment. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. 2019;44:3057-3077.
- Ferguson, R., Hardy, R. & Hodge, R. Flow resistance and hydraulic geometry in bedrock rivers with multiple roughness length scales. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. 2019;44:2437-2449.
- Turowski, Jens M. & Hodge, Rebecca A probabilistic framework for the cover effect in bedrock erosion. Earth Surface Dynamics. 2017;5:311-330.
- Ferguson, R.I., Sharma, B.P., Hodge, R.A., Hardy, R.J. & Warburton, J. Bed load tracer mobility in a mixed bedrock/alluvial channel. Journal of Geophysical Research – Earth Surface. 2017;122:807-822.
- Maniatis, G., Hoey, T.B., Hassan, M.A., Sventek, J., Hodge, R.A., Drysdale, T. & Valyrakis, M. Calculating the explicit probability of entrainment based on inertial acceleration measurements. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. 2017;143:04016097.
- Ferguson, R.I., Sharma, B.P., Hardy, R.J,, Hodge, R.A. & Warburton, J. Flow resistance and hydraulic geometry in contrasting reaches of a bedrock channel. Water Resources Research. 2017;53:2278-2293.
- Hodge, R.A. & Hoey, T.B. A Froude-scaled model of a bedrock-alluvial channel reach: 1. Hydraulics. Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface. 2016;121:1578-1596.
- Hodge, R.A. & Hoey, T.B. A Froude-scaled model of a bedrock-alluvial channel reach: 2. Sediment cover. Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface. 2016;121:1597-1618.
- Hodge, R.A., Hoey, T., Maniatis, G. & Leprêtre, E. Formation and erosion of sediment cover in an experimental bedrock-alluvial channel. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. 2016;41:1409-1420.
- Hodge, R.A., Sear, D.A. & Leyland, J. Spatial variations in surface sediment structure in riffle-pool sequences: a preliminary test of the Differential Sediment Entrainment Hypothesis (DSEH). Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. 2013;38:449-465.
- Hodge, R.A. & Hoey, T.B. Upscaling from grain-scale processes to alluviation in bedrock channels using a cellular automaton model. Journal of Geophysical Research. 2012;117:F101017.
- Hodge, R.A., Hoey, T.B. & Sklar, L.S. Bed load transport in bedrock rivers: The role of sediment cover in grain entrainment, translation and deposition. Journal of Geophysical Research - Earth Surface. 2011;116:F04028.
- Hodge, R.A. Using simulated Terrestrial Laser Scanning to analyse errors in high-resolution scan data of irregular surfaces. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. 2010;65:227-240.
- Hodge, R.A., Brasington, J. & Richards, K. Analysing laser-scanned digital terrain models of gravel bed surfaces: linking morphology to sediment transport processes and hydraulics. Sedimentology. 2009;56:2024-2043.
- Hodge, R.A., Brasington, J. & Richards, K. In situ characterization of grain-scale fluvial morphology using Terrestrial Laser Scanning. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms. 2009;34:954-968.
- Hodge, R.A., Richards, K. & Brasington, J. A physically-based bedload transport model developed for 3-D reach-scale cellular modelling. Geomorphology. 2007;90:244-262.
- Richards, K., Bithell, M., Dove, M. & Hodge, R.A. Discrete-element modelling: methods and applications in the environmental sciences. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London Series A-Mathematical Physical and Engineering Sciences. 2004;362:1797-1816.