x3 MSc by Research Projects Available in Rockslope Failure and Evolution
(1 August 2014)
- Analogue modelling of coastal rockslope failure
- Establishing the relative contribution of rock fracture to joint release in rockfall
- Measuring and modelling the evolution of cliff toe erosion
Funding is available to support the above MSc by Research projects for a period of 12 months. Funding includes full research costs, tuition fees at full EU rates and a stipend of £10,000.
The projects will benefit from access to our dedicated Laithwaite Landslides Laboratory, plus our excellent IT and field-data capture facilities.
Further information is available on the COBRA research group website.
Informal enquiries or to express interest in any of the above projects, please contact Dr Nick Rosser (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to Apply
Applicants wishing to commence study in October 2014 must submit all the following documents to email@example.com by 1st September, 2014 at the latest.
Applicants wishing to commence study in January 2015 must submit all the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st November, 2014 at the latest.
- A short summary demonstrating how your skills and interests can contribute to the project (1 page)
- Two references from academic referees
Please note that if suitable candidates are identified in the September round, no further applications will be accepted for the November round.