Teaching Fellow in Social and Cultural Geography - Ref: 008909
(17 October 2017)
The Geography Department seeks to appoint an exceptional scholar as a Teaching Fellow with teaching interests in the broad field of social and cultural geography.
The post-holder will:
• contribute to the provision of core human geography teaching in the Department of Geography, as delivered on (but not restricted to) team taught modules such as L1 Introduction to Geographical Research, L2 Social Research, and L4 Using Geographical Skills and Techniques.
• contribute to the provision of social and cultural geography teaching, as delivered on (but not restricted to) team taught modules such as L2 Social and Cultural Geography, and L3 Geographies of Difference and Identity
• contribute to the provision of research-led social and cultural geography teaching, as delivered on (but not restricted to) modules such as L3 Memory: Power, Place, Identities
• deliver lectures, workshops, practicals and field classes
• assess and examine student work
• supervise undergraduate dissertation students
• contribute to the administration of the teaching programme in the Department
• develop scholarship in the field of social and cultural geography
• hold membership of the Board of Studies and departmental committees and professional bodies, as necessary to the post.
The post of Teaching Fellow will involve a significant teaching load, including during the summer period, and there will be related scholarship and administrative opportunities which relate to education and pedagogy. This post is to provide cover, whilst we seek a permanent replacement for a colleague. The post is to start as soon as possible after 1st December 2017 and is available for up to 21 months, to end 31 August 2019, and it is not anticipated that the post will be extended beyond this fixed term.
For informal enquiries please contact Professor Mike Bentley, Head of Department
Tel: +44 1913341859
Or Professor Cheryl McEwan, Deputy Head of Department,
Closing date: Midday 13th November 2017