This is an archive of past events within the Department of English Studies. Please see our current events for forthcoming activities.
Some of our public events are recorded and are available as podcasts via our Research English At Durham blog.
The Artist Under the Microscope, c. 1950 - Present day
An Interdisciplinary Regional Conference in the North East of England at Ustinov College, University of Durham.
Plenary speakers include:
- James MacMillan (Composer and Conductor, Glasgow)
- Nathaniel Coleman (School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape, Newcastle University)
- Gareth Reeves (Department of English Studies, Durham University)
As we approach the centenary of the birth of Modernism, this conference brings together artists and academics of all disciplines to discuss the nature of cultural theory and artistic practice and the relationship between them.
Contact email@example.com for more information about this event.
Research in English At Durham (READ) blog showcasing the the literary research emerging from the Department of English Studies
We host a large number of conferences, lectures and seminars each year, many of them open to the public. Find out more on our Events page.
Many of our public lectures, seminars and conferences are recorded, and can be listened to as podcasts.
- 20th January 2021
- Sensory Experiments in Nineteenth-Century Literature
- Online (Zoom)
- Dr Erica Fretwell (University of Albany) and Dr Shannon Draucker (Siena College)