Publication details for Prof Mike ByramByram, M. & Feng, A. (2004). Culture and language learning: teaching research and scholarship. Language Teaching 37(3): 149-168.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0261-4448, 1475-3049
- DOI: 10.1017/S0261444804002289
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This review of work on the cultural dimension of language teaching updates one from 1986 and shows that there has been a considerable growth in interest since then. The focus has been largely on the elaboration of conceptual models and theories and the development of teaching and training approaches; much less effort has been devoted to empirical research investigating the impact of such developments and building up a body of knowledge.