Mr Michael Priestley
Michael’s research interests include the political epidemiology of student mental health and wellbeing. In particular, his research explores how higher education policies impact on student wellbeing.
- Student Research Team and Advisory Member for the Student Mental Health Research Network (SMaRteN)
- Researcher for the University Mental Health Charter.
- Student member on the Charlie Waller Memorial Trust Advisory Board.
- Postgraduate Associate of the Wolfson Research Institute for Health and Wellbeing.
- Editor of the Student Minds Blog.
Is supervised by
- Jones, Emma, Priestley, Michael, Brewster, Liz, Wilbraham, Susan J., Hughes, Gareth & Spanner, Leigh (2020). Student wellbeing and assessment in higher education: the balancing act. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education
- Priestley, Michael (2019), Sick of Study: Student mental ‘illness’ and neoliberal higher education policy, in Shao, Xin & Dobson, Emma eds, Imagining Better Education. Durham, England, Durham University, School of Education, Durham, England, 183-199.