Jessica Hugill, BA, PGCE, MSc
BA English literature and language (2012, Northumbria University)
PGCE (2013, Northumbria University)
MSc Psychology (2016, Northumbria University)
Jessica is a qualified primary school teacher. After teaching in Newcastle for 2 years, she achieved an MSc in Psychology in 2016; completing her thesis investigating ‘The Effect of Gratitude on Children’s Wellbeing’ and achieving a distinction.
Following this, Jessica worked on the ASTEROID project: a large scale validation project at the Institute of Neuroscience, Newcastle University. Jessica then moved to join the CRE team based at CEM, before being transferred to the School of Education in September 2017. She now primarily works on the ICCAMS randomised control trial (Increasing Confidence and Competence in Algebra and Multiplicative Structures), alongside several other research projects.
- ICCAMS2: Increasing Mathematical Competence and Confidence at Key Stage 3
- Independent Evaluation Of The Maths Champions Programme
- Positive psychology
- Wellbeing in education
- Early Years/Primary Education and Teaching
- Developmental Psychology
- Public and Patient Involvement in Research
- Ushaw, G., Sharp, C., Hugill, J., Rafiq, S., Black, C., Casanova, T., Vancleef, K, Read, J. & Morgan, G. (2017), Analysis of Soft Data for Mass Provision of Stereoacuity Testing Through a Serious Game for Health, Digital Health Conference. London, 216-220
- Vancleef, Kathleen, Serrano-Pedraza, Ignacio, Sharp, Craig, Slack, Gareth, Black, Carla, Casanova, Therese, Hugill, Jess, Rafiq, Sheima, Burridge, James, Puyat, Vito, Enongue, Josee Ewane, Gale, Henry, Akotei, Hannah, Collier, Zoe, Haggerty, Helen, Smart, Kathryn, Powell, Christine, Taylor, Kate, Clarke, Michael P., Morgan, Graham & Read, Jenny C. A. (2019). ASTEROID: A New Clinical Stereotest on an Autostereo 3D Tablet. Translational vision science & technology 8(1): 25-25.
- Robinson-Smith,L., Fairhurst,C., Stone,G., Bell,K., Elliott, L., Gascoine,L., Hallett,S., Hewitt,C., Hugill,J., Torgerson,C., Torgerson,D., Menzies,V. & Ainsworth,H. (2018). Maths Champions: Evaluation Report and Executive Summary. Education Endowment Foundation.