Dr Ioannis Ivrissimtzis, PhD
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Personal web pages http://www.dur.ac.uk/ioannis.ivrissimtzis
I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science of Durham University. I have a degree in mathematics from the University of Thessaloniki, Greece and a PhD in mathematics from the University of Southampton. Before joining Durham University I was a lecturer at the Department of Creative Computing in Coventry University. Before that, I was a researcher at the Department of Computer Graphics of the
Max-Planck Institut fuer Informatik, in Saarbruecken, Germany and before that, a Research Associate at the Computer Laboratory of Cambridge University.
My research interests are in the area of computer graphics. In particular, I work on subdivision surfaces, polygonal mesh encoding and the application of statistical learning methods in surface reconstruction from scan data.
Indicators of Esteem
- 2003: Talk at Computer Science Colloquia, University of Wales Swansea, UK: I was invited to give a talk at Computer Science Colloquia, University of Wales Swansea, UK. The title was "Statistical Learning in Surface Reconstruction".
- 2002: Talk at Workshop on Geometric Modeling, Dagstuhl, Germany (Dagstuhl event 02201): I was invited to participate and give a tak at the Workshop on Geometric Modeling, in Dagstuhl, Germany, in May 2002. The title of the talk was "Evolving n-gons in subdivision schemes with small support".
- Algorithms and Complexity
- Innovative Computing
- 1: Yang, Ying, Norbert, Peyerimhoff & Ioannis, Ivrissimtzis (2013). Linear Correlations between Spatial and Normal Noise in Triangle Meshes. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 19(1): 45-55.
- 1: Yoon, Mincheol, Lee, Yunjin Lee, Seungyong Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis & Seidel, Hans-Peter (2007). Surface and normal ensembles for surface reconstruction. Computer-Aided Design 39(5): 408-420.
- 2: Yang, Ying. & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis. (2010). Polygonal mesh watermarking using Laplacian coordinates. Computer Graphics Forum 29(5): 1585-1593.
- 2: Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis & Seidel, Hans-Peter (2004). Evolutions of Polygons in the Study of Subdivision Surfaces. Computing 72(1-2): 93-103.
- 3: Yoon, Mincheol, Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis & Lee, Seungyong (2009). Variational Bayesian noise estimation of point sets. Computers & Graphics 33(3): 226 - 234.
- 3: Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis, Sabin, Malcolm & Dodgson, Neil (2004). On the support of recursive subdivision. ACM transactions on graphics 23(4): 1043-1060.
- 4: Hernandez-Mederos, Victoria Estrada-Sarlabous, Jorge Morales, Silvio & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2009). Curve subdivision with arc-length control. Computing 86(2-3): 151-169.
- 4: Hassan, Mohamed, Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis, Dodgson, Neil & Sabin, Malcolm (2002). An interpolating 4-point C2 ternary stationary subdivision scheme. Computer Aided Geometric Design 19(1): 1-18.
- Omar, Luma & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2019). Using theoretical ROC curves for analysing machine learning binary classifiers. Pattern Recognition Letters 128: 447-451.
- Yang, Ying, Pintus, Ruggero, Rushmeier, Holly & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2017). A 3D Steganalytic Algorithm and Steganalysis-Resistant Watermarking. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics 23(2): 1002-2626.
- Roberts, David & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2017). Reevaluating Reconstruction Filters for Path-Searching Tasks in 3D. Computer Graphics Forum 36(6): 291-302.
- Roberts, David A. T. & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2016). Quality measures of reconstruction filters for stereoscopic volume rendering. Computational Visual Media 2(1): 19-30.
- Yang, Ying & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2014). Mesh Discriminative Features for 3D Steganalysis. ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications 10(3): 27.
- Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis & Peyerimhoff, Norbert (2013). Spectral representations of vertex transitive graphs, Archimedean solids and finite Coxeter groups. Groups, Geometry, and Dynamics 7(3): 591.
- Dantchev, Stefan & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2012). Efficient construction of the Čech complex. Computers & Graphics 36(6): 708.
- Don, Liam & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2009). Multi-pen Sketch Recognition in a Learning Environment. Journal of Multimedia 4(2): 80-86.
- Yoon, Mincheol & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2008). Point Set Denoising using a Variational Bayesian Method. Journal of KISS:Computing Practices and Letters 14(5): 527-531.
- Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis & Singerman, David (2005). Regular maps and principal congruence subgroups of Hecke groups. European Journal of Combinatorics 26(3-4): 437-356.
- Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis, Dodgson, Neil & Sabin, Malcolm (2004). A generative classification of mesh refinement rules with lattice transformations. Computer Aided Geometric Design 21(1): 99-109.
- Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis , Dodgson, Neil Hassan, Mohamed & Sabin, Malcolm (2002). The refinability of the 4-point scheme. Computer Aided Geometric Design 19(4): 235-238.
- Catalano, Chiara, Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis & Nasri, Ahmad (2008). Subdivision Surfaces and Applications. In Shape Analysis and Structuring. De Floriani, Leila, & Spagnuolo, Michela Berlin: Springer. 115-143.
- Abduh, Latifah & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2019), Colour Processing in Adversarial Attacks on Face Liveness Systems, in Tam, G.K.L. & Roberts, J.C. eds, Computer Graphics and Visual Computing (CGVC). Bangor, UK, The Eurographics Association.
- Zhang, Xin , Wang, Qian & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2018), Single Image Watermark Retrieval from 3D Printed Surfaces via Convolutional Neural Networks, in Tam, Gary & Vidal, Franck eds, EG UK Computer Graphics & Visual Computing. Swansea, UK, Eurographics Association, Goslar, Germany, 117-120.
- Almutairi, Aeshah, Saarela, Toni & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2017), A user study on quantisation thresholds of triangle meshes, in Wan, Tao Ruan & Vidal, Franck eds, Computer Graphics and Visual Computing (CGVC) 2017. Manchester, England, The Eurographics Association.
- Yang, Ying, Rushmeier, Holly & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2017), Order-randomized Laplacian mesh smoothing, in Floater, Michael S., Lyche, Tom, Mazure, Marie-Laurence, Mørken, Knut & Schumaker, Larry L. eds, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 10521: 9th International Conference on Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces. Tønsberg, Norway, Springer, Cham, 312-323.
- Omar, Luma & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2016), Designing a facial spoofing database for processed image attacks, IET conference proceedings 7th International Conference on Imaging for Crime Detection and Prevention (ICDP 2016). Madrid, IET, 5 (6).
- Omar, Luma & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2016), Resilience of Luminance based Liveness Tests under Attacks with Processed Imposter Images, in Skala, V. eds, Computer Science Research Notes 2603: 24th International Conference in Central Europe on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision 2016 (WSCG 2016). Plzen, Czech Republic, WSCG, 79-82.
- Omar, Luma & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2015), Evaluating the Resilience of Face Recognition Systems Against Malicious Attacks, in Xie, Xianghua, Jones, Mark W. & Tam, Gary K.L. eds, 7th UK Computer Vision Student Workshop (BMVW). Swansea, UK, BMVA Press, 5.1-5.9.
- Kaye, David & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2015), Mesh Alignment using Grid based PCA, in Braz, José, Pettré, Julien & Richard, Paul eds, 10th International Conference on Computer Graphics Theory and Applications (VISIGRAPP 2015). Berlin, Germany, SciTePress, 174-181.
- Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2014), A Geometric Approach for the Computation of Principal Directions in Point Sets, in Borgo, Rita & Tang, Wen eds, Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics: Computer Graphics & Visual Computing (CGVC) 2014. Leeds, UK, Eurographics Association.
- Yang, Ying, Pintus, Ruggero, Rushmeier, Holly & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2014), A steganalytic algorithm for 3D polygonal meshes, 2014 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP). Paris, France, IEEE, Piscataway, 4782-4786.
- Roberts, D., Ivrissimtzis, I. & Holliman, N. (2014), An evaluation of reconstruction filters for a path-searching task in 3D, 2014 Sixth International Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Experience (QoMEX). Singapore, IEEE, Piscataway, 165-170.
- Mustafa, Ghulam & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2013), Model selection for the Dubuc-Deslauriers family of subdivision schemes, in Cripps, Robert J., Mullineux, Glen & Sabin, Malcolm A. eds, 14th IMA Conference on Mathematics of Surfaces. Birmingham, England, The Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, Southend on Sea, 155-162.
- Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis. (2010), Effects of Noise on Quantized Triangle Meshes, in Dahlen, Morten, Floater, Michael, Lyche, Tom, Merrien, Jean-Louis, Morken, Knut & Schumaker, Larry eds, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 5862: Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces. Tonsberg, Norway, Springer, Tonsberg, 274-284.
- Kaye, David & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2010), Implicit surface reconstruction and feature detection with a learning algorithm, in Collomosse, John & Grimstead, Ian eds, Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics. Sheffield, UK, European Association for Computer Graphics, Sheffield, 127-130.
- Ramli, Ahmad & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2009), Bootstrap test error estimations of polynomial fittings in surface reconstruction, in Magnor, Magnus, Rosenhahn, Bodo & Theisel, Holger eds, Vision Modeling and Visualization, VMV09. Braunschweig, Germany, Institut für Simulation und Graphik, Magdeburg, 101-109.
- Ahmad, Ramli & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2009), Distance Based Feature Detection on 3D Point Sets, in Tang, Wen & Collomosse, John eds, 6th Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics Conference. Cardiff, Switzerland Eurographics Association, Aire-la-Ville, 53-56.
- Don, Liam & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2008), Multi-Colour Sketch Recognition in a Learning Environment, in Li, Lian, Shih, Timothy, Li, Qing Li, Yang, Shiqiang & Zhou, Qingguo eds, 2008 the First IEEE International Conference on Ubi-Media Computing and Workshops (U-Media2008). Lanzhou, China, IEEE, Piscataway, 441-443.
- Yoon, Mincheol, Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis & Lee, Seungyong (2008), Self-Organising Maps for Implicit Surface Reconstruction, in Lim, Ik Soo & Tang, Wen eds, Theory and Practice of Computer Graphics. Manchester, European Association for Computer Graphics, Manchester, 83-90.
- Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis , Jeong, Won-Ki, Lee, Seungyong Lee, Yunjin Lee & Seidel, Hans-Peter (2005). Surface Reconstruction with Neural Meshes. Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces, Tromsoe, Norway, Nashboro Press.
- Almutairi, Aeshah, Saarela, Toni & Ivrissimtzis, Ioannis (2018), A Perceptual Difference Scaling Study on Quantized 3D Models, ACM Symposium on Applied Perception. Vancouver, Canada.