Mr Samet Akcay
(email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Samet Akcay is a third year Ph.D. Student in the Department of Computer Science at Durham University, UK. He received his MSc degree from the Department of Electrical Engineering at Penn State University, USA. His primary research interests are real-time image classification/detection, anomaly detection, unsupervised feature learning via deep/machine learning algorithms.
- PhD - Durham University, UK, 2015 - 2019 (Expected)
- MSc - Penn State University, US, 2013-2015
- BSc - Gazi University, TR, 2007-2011
- Real Time Object Detection
- Deep Learning
- Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
- Akcay, S., Kundegorski, M.E., Willcocks, C.G. & Breckon, T.P. (2018). Using Deep Convolutional Neural Network Architectures for Object Classification and Detection within X-ray Baggage Security Imagery. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security 13(9): 2203-2215.
- Akcay, Samet, Atapour-Abarghouei, Amir & Breckon, Toby P. (2019), GANomaly: Semi-Supervised Anomaly Detection via Adversarial Training, in Jawahar, C. V., Li, Hongdong, Mori, Greg & Schindler, Konrad eds, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 11363: 14th Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV). Perth, Australia, Springer, 622-637.
- Akcay, S & Breckon, TP (2017), An Evaluation of Region Based Object Detection Strategies within X-ray Baggage Security Imagery, IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP). Beijing, China, IEEE.
- Kundegorski, M.E., Akcay, S., Devereux, M., Mouton, A. & Breckon, T.P. (2016), On using Feature Descriptors as Visual Words for Object Detection within X-ray Baggage Security Screening, International Conference on Imaging for Crime Detection and Prevention. Madrid, Spain, IET, 12 (6).
- Kundegorski, M.E., Akcay, S., Payen de La Garanderie, G. & Breckon, T.P. (2016), Real-time Classification of Vehicle Types within Infra-red Imagery, in Burgess, D., Owen, G., Bouma, H., Carlysle-Davies, F., Stokes, R.J. & Yitzhaky, Y. eds, Proceedings of SPIE 9995: Optics and Photonics for Counterterrorism, Crime Fighting and Defence XII. Edinburgh, United Kingdom, SPIE (Society of Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers), Washington, USA, 99950T.
- Akcay, S., Kundegorski, M.E., Devereux, M. & Breckon, T.P. (2016), Transfer Learning Using Convolutional Neural Networks For Object Classification Within X-Ray Baggage Security Imagery, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing. Phoenix, AZ, USA, IEEE, Piscataway, NJ, 1057-1061.