Publication details for Dr George MertziosAkrida, E.C., Gąsieniec, L., Mertzios, G.B. & Spirakis, P.G. (2016). Ephemeral networks with random availability of links: The case of fast networks. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing 87: 109-120.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 0743-7315
- DOI: 10.1016/j.jpdc.2015.10.002
- Keywords: Temporal networks, Random input, Diameter, Availability.
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
We consider here a model of temporal networks, the links of which are available only at certain moments in time, chosen randomly from a subset of the positive integers. We define the notion of the Temporal Diameter of such networks. We also define fast and slow such temporal networks with respect to the expected value of their temporal diameter. We then provide a partial characterisation of fast random temporal networks. We also define the critical availability as a measure of periodic random availability of the links of a network, required to make the network fast. We finally give a lower bound as well as an upper bound on the (critical) availability.