Publication details for Dr George MertziosBevern, R.V., Fluschnik, T., Mertzios, G.B., Molter, H., Sorge, M. & Suchý, O. (2018). The parameterized complexity of finding secluded solutions to some classical optimization problems on graphs. Discrete Optimization 30: 20-50.
- Publication type: Journal Article
- ISSN/ISBN: 1572-5286
- DOI: 10.1016/j.disopt.2018.05.002
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This work studies the parameterized complexity of finding secluded solutions to classical combinatorial optimization problems on graphs such as finding minimum - separators, feedback vertex sets, dominating sets, maximum independent sets, and vertex Herein, one searches not only to minimize or maximize the size of the solution, but also to minimize the size of its neighborhood. This restriction has applications in secure routing and community detection.