Publication details for Professor Alexandra CristeaCristea, A. I. & Shi, Lei (2016), Motivational gamification strategies rooted in self-determination theory for social adaptive E-Learning, in Micarelli, Alessandro, Stamper, John & Panourgia, Kitty eds, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 9684: Intelligent Tutoring Systems, 13th International Conference, ITS 2016. Zagreb, Springer, 294-300.
- Publication type: Conference Paper
- ISSN/ISBN: 9783319395821, 9783319395838
- DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-39583-8_32
- Further publication details on publisher web site
- Durham Research Online (DRO) - may include full text
- View in another repository - may include full text
Author(s) from Durham
This study uses gamification as the carrier of understanding the motivational benefits of applying the Self-Determination Theory (SDT) in social adaptive e-learning, by proposing motivational gamification strategies rooted in SDT, as well as developing and testing these strategies. Results show high perceived motivation amongst the students, and identify a high usability of the implementation, which supports the applicability of the proposed approach.